Lemon Cranberry Christmas Cookies (AIP, Paleo, GF, DF)
IT'S ALMOST HERE!!! TIME TO GET BAKING!!!
If you haven't already been baking up a storm it's time to start!
Gotta have those healthy cookies ready for the family to enjoy on Christmas day... or just any time over the holiday season, no matter what you're celebrating it's nice to get in those festive flavours!
These Lemon Cranberry Christmas Cookies are the perfect treat for you and your loved ones to enjoy together.
They're AIP, GAPS, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free & Egg-Free so most people can eat them without causing inflammation or tummy trouble!
In fact, these could actually be gut HEALING!
I used grass-fed gelatin as a binder which breaks down into collagen & important amino acids for healing the gut! WOOHOO!
So, no need to deprive yourself this holiday season for the sake of health. These cookies are serving you in all the ways!
Lemon Cranberry Christmas Cookies
(AIP, PALEO, GF, DF)
TIME: 20 minutes
SERVINGS: 8 cookies
1/3 avocado oil
1 tbsp gelatin powder
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 lemon (zested)
1/4 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
1) Add oil to a mixing bowl and sprinkle gelatine over. Stir in well.
2) Stir in maple syrup. Combine well.
3) Add in coconut flour, vanilla extract, baking soda, sea salt & lemon zest. Mix well.
4) Place dough in fridge for 10-15 minutes to give the coconut flour time to absorb the oil.
5) Mix dried cranberries into your dough and form into balls. Press into round, flat cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
6) Bake for 8-12 minutes at 350 F until starting to brown on the bottom.
7) Remove and let cool. They will hold together best once fully cooled so try not to move them around before then.
8) Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL AND GOOD BITE! ;)
If you make this recipe, please feel free to take a pic and tag me on instagram @realistic.holistic and use #realisticholistic :) I’ll be sure to share your culinary adventure!
COMMENT below if you have any questions or comments about the recipe! I’m always here to help & I love hearing what your experience was with the recipe!
SHARE this with your family member who usually brings the treats! ;)
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Kisses & kombucha,