Gut-Healing Holiday Gummies (AIP, GAPS, GF, DF)
So Christmas has come and gone but I’m not ready to say goodbye to the festive colours, fun and treats just yet.
I’m not gonna lie, you guys. I wasn’t 100% successful at following my own guide to surviving the holidays! I did eat healthy in the lead up and I decided what my non-negotiable were but I still ended up with some very uncomfortable symptoms for a couple days after the big feast.
What did I do wrong?
Well, I had been AIP for 4 months before the holidays and I didn’t ease off of it the way I had intended. I dove right into AIP no-no’s like nightshade vegetables, butter, nuts and (of course!) chocolate. So my system really just wasn’t ready for everything I threw at it. I didn’t eat like crazy by any means but multiple reintros at once is never a good idea.
Did you stay healthy over the holidays?
Did you end up with tummy troubles like me? Headaches? Skin problems? Other inflammatory issues?
No matter what your symptoms are post-holiday indulgence, I have just the treat for you!
These Gut-Healing Holiday Gummies allow you to keep enjoying the treats of the holidays season WHILE helping your gut heal from the less healthful treats you enjoyed!
The best of both worlds, am I right?
Gut-Healing Holiday Gummies
TIME: 15 minutes
SERVINGS: 24 gummies
1 cup green juice
1 cup beet juice
2 tbsp lemon juice
6 tbsp gelatin powder
1 tbsp raw honey
1) Place the green juice in a sauce pan with 1/2 the lemon juice.
2) Sprinkle half the gelatin over top and set aside for a few minutes to let bloom
3) Turn the heat on to the lowest setting and heat gently, whisking consistently, until the mixture is no longer thick and all the gelatin is dissolved. Do not overheat or cook, just heat until the mixture thins and the granule dissolve.
4) Add the honey and whisk to combine.
5) Pour liquid mixture into silicone gummy molds and set in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
6) Repeat with the beet juice as the base.
So my friends, I hope you had a very happy holiday. Keep snacking and get healing!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to take a pic and tag me on instagram @realistic.holistic and use #realisticholistic :) I’ll be sure to share your culinary adventure!
COMMENT below if you have any questions or comments about the recipe! I’m always here to help & I love hearing what your experience was with the recipe!
SHARE this with your loved ones who had a tummy ache after the holiday feast.
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Kisses & kombucha,