Keto Chicken, Asparagus & Cauliflower Mash (AIP, GF, DF, Paleo)
You say potato, I say cauliflower :P
If you've been following along, you know that i'm joining my motivated clients who have jumped into my Keto-Cleanse program for the next 30 days! This is one of the recipes in the week 1 keto meal plan!
It gets you right into experimenting with ways to replace your classic carb heavy recipes with low carb ones! introducing... CAULIFLOWER MASH!
If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it. BE WARNED: THEY DO NOT MAGICALLY TURN INTO ACTUAL POTATOES!!! It looks a lot like potato, but it still tastes like cauliflower. that might take a second to adjust to, but once you do it becomes deLISH! Especially when you with them up with a lot of garlic and LOADS of butter.
Keto Chicken, Asparagus & Cauliflower Mash
- 3 cups asaparagus
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
1) To roast the chicken, either slow cook on low for 6 hours or roast in the oven at 350 degrees F for 1.5 - 2 hours. Season as you please!
2) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the asparagus with half of the avocado oil and lay on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with himalayan pink salt and roast in the oven for about 12 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time.
3) While the asparagus is roasting, bring a large pot of water to boil under a steamer. Steam the cauliflower for 10-12 minutes, or until soft. Remove from heat and mash with the remaining avocado oil or a a tbsp or two of grass-fed butter! Throw some minced garlic in if you're up for that kick!
4) Season your mashed cauliflower with a little extra pink salt and divide between containers. Add the asparagus & chicken and feed yourself well for 4 full meals! YUM!
MASH IT UP!!!
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to take a pic and tag me on instagram @realistic.holistic and use #realisticholistic - show me how you’re incorporating real health into your real life!