Matcha Chia Monster Balls (GF, V, Paleo)
Everybody wants in on that Matcha Madness!!... and for good reason! Matcha is the most potent green tea on the planet! This is largely because you are consuming the whole leaf rather than just the steeped components and you get a bigger nutritional bang for your buck that way!
For those of you that don't know, the nutritional "bang" I am referring to is coming your way in the form of EGCG antioxidants (again, super potent!), a metabolic boost, and liver support... amongst a few other benefits. To learn more about it check out my previous blog "matcha mania!"
Many people use matcha a clever substitute for coffee as it gives you a bit of a caffeine boost but it also contains L-theanine, an amino acid that will help to calm and focus. This means you get that cognitive boost, without the jitters or crazy bump of cortisol that you might get from coffee.
I throw it in everything. Yes, I enjoy my morning bulletproof matcha (check out my instagram stories @realistic.holistic for the HOW TO!) but I have also been known to throw it into snack bar, chia pudding and in this case, some dang good chia MONSTER BALLS!!!! ... I don't know why I call them that... maybe cause they kind of look like what I would imagine oscar the grouch's man bits would look like? ... Sorry PG13!
ANYWAYS!! Let's get to that recipe, shall we?
Matcha Chia Monster Balls
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp matcha powder (i like DoMatcha! -- no affiliation)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch himalayan pink salt
1) Add all ingredients to a food processor or high powered blender. Plus & blend until you create a sticky dough-like texture.
2) Grab about a tablespoon at a time with your fingers and use your hands to roll into a ball and set aside. (PREPARE TO GET STICKY!) Repeat until you ain't got nothin' left!
3) Allow balls to set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before chowing down (good luck resisting just eating the mixture with a spoon!)
4) Store in fridge for up to 1 week! (they won't last that long! ;)
I hope you enjoy these super easy power bites to infuse your day with a little extra nutrition and a bit of a boost to your busy boss lifestyle!
THE REALISTIC HOLISTIC