Paleo Parsnip Fries (AIP, GF, DF, V)
If your nutritionist told you that you can't have french fries, get a new nutritionist! ;)
There are so many ways to do up your own french fries that are nearly as delicious as a trip to McDonalds, without the inflammatory backlash.
My fav ways?
Sweet potato (obviously)
and, my lastest love...
Parsnip is a surprisingly starchy veg (I'd say somewhere between a carrot and a rutabaga) that makes the PERFECT baked french fry.
Give it a try with my recipe and let me know what you think!
I've even had people think they were actual potato fries...
Paleo Parsnip Fries
(AIP, GF, DF, V)
TIME: 50 minutes
6 large parsnip
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1/4 sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) While oven is preheating, wash parsnips & sliced them into long, thin fry shapes.
3) Lay the parsnips on the baking sheet and drizzle with melted coconut oil.
4) Toss the fries gently to coat and sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
5) Bake for 40 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
6) Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Whats ur fav veggie to turn into a fry?
If you make this recipe, please feel free to take a pic and tag me on instagram @realistic.holistic and use #realisticholistic :) I’ll be sure to share your culinary adventure!
COMMENT below if you have any questions or suggestions!
SHARE this with someone you know who has recently given up french fries when they really don’t have to!!
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Kisses & kombucha,