Asian Meatballs & Cauliflower Rice (AIP, GAPS, Paleo, GF, DF)
On top spagheeeeetiiiii.... wait... no... on top of cauliflower rice?
Yeaaa, let's do something a little different with meatballs for a change!
These asian-inspired (grass-fed!) meatballs are loaded with zips of ginger, green onion & coconut aminos to give them explosive tangy flavour.
Paired with cauliflower rice, carrots & even more green onions makes for a delicious paleo asian dish!
Asian Meatballs & Cauliflower Rice
(AIP, GAPS, PALEO, GF, DF)
TIME: 40 minutes
1 lb lean ground pork
1 tbsp sesame oil (omit for AIP)
1 tbsp coconut aminos
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 tbsp fresh ginger (peeled & grated)
3 stalks green onion (chopped & divided)
1 head cauliflower
8 carrots (peeled & grated)
1/4 cup sesame seeds (omit for AIP)
Sea salt to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2) In a mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, sesame oil (if using), coconut aminos, garlic, ginger, 1/2 the green onion, and sea salt to taste. Mix well & roll mixture into 1.5 inch balls.
3) Place the meatballs on the bakign sheet and place in oven for 30 minutes.
4) While the meatballs are cooking, grate your cauliflower to make cauliflower rice.
5) Grate your carrots and set aside.
6) To serve, divide the cauliflower rice between bowls, top with grated carrot and season with a little extra coconut aminos. Throw your meatballs on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds (if using) and remaining green onion. Enjoy!
This recipe makes great leftovers by the way!
Whats your favourite way to eat a meatball?
If you make this recipe, please feel free to take a pic and tag me on instagram @realistic.holistic and use #realisticholistic :) I’ll be sure to share your culinary adventure!
COMMENT below if you have any questions or suggestions!
SHARE this with someone you know who has recently given up french fries when they really don’t have to!!
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Kisses & kombucha,