Mushroom & Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash (Paleo, AIP, GAPS, GF, DF)
Looking for a healthy recipe that fits your nutrition protocol, is actually super simple but looks so fancy you can serve it at a dinner party?… just me?
Well whether thats what you’re looking for or not this is a delicious recipe, packed with flavour AND nutrition that should work for the whole gang.
Again, it looks fancy, but I promise its one of the simplest recipes out there!
If you need more reason to give it a try, check out why mushrooms are so important to incorporate into your healthy diet and especially for those of us with autoimmune disease.
DO IT UP!
Mushroom & Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
(PALEO, AIP, GAPS, GF, DF)
TIME: 60 minutes
1 tsp avocado oil
2 acorn squash (halved and seeded)
12 oz sausage (casings removed)
2 stalks celery (chopped)
1 1/2 cups shiitake mushrooms (chopped)
3 cups baby spinach
1/4 lemon (juiced)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2) Drizzle the oil on the squash and place cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork
3) While the squash bakes, add the sausage to a pan over medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes, breaking it up as it cooks.
4) Add the celery and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes.
6) Then, add the spinach and stire until it has wilted and the sausage is completely cooked through.
7) Remove the pan from the heat and drizzle lemon juice and sea salt over top. Mix well.
8) Spoon the sausage & mushroom mixture into the baked squash and garnish with parsley. ENJOY!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to take a pic and tag me on instagram @realistic.holistic and use #realisticholistic :) I’ll be sure to share your culinary adventure!
COMMENT below if you have any questions or suggestions!
SHARE this with someone you know who is looking to experiment within a restrictive protocol like AIP or GAPS.
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Kisses & kombucha,