No-Bake AIP Pumpkin Protein Bars (GF, DF, Paleo)
Looking to join in the pumpkin fall fun on AIP?
I’ve got you covered.
These delicious AIP protein bars can be whipped together in just 15 minutes using 9 simple ingredients!
The feature ingredients include collagen powder (a fantastic gut-healing protein), carob (a nutrient-dense alternative to cocao), and pumpkin of course!
Pumpkin is loaded with beta-carotene, a potent antioxidant and precursor to the wound-healing vitamin A, which is also very helpful for gut-healing.
They taste like a delightful fall treat, while still being a fantastic way to use food as medicine!
No-Bake AIP Pumpkin Protein Bars
SERVES: 8 bars
TIME: 15 minutes
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup collagen powder
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp mace
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup coconut butter (softened, divided)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
1 tbsp coconut milk (canned)
1 tbsp carob powder
1) Line a pan with parchment paper (ideally 8x8 inch if making 8 servings)
2) Add the coconut flour, collagen, and spices into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
3) Using a small pot over low heat, add 1/2 the coconut butter and maple syrup and whisk until combined and sticky. Then, add the vanilla extract.
4) Combine the flour & collagen mixture with the coconut butter mixture and add in the pureed pumpkin. Stir until well combined. Then, add the coconut milk. Stir again until well combined. The dough will feel very thick.
5) Transfer the dough to your pan and flatten with your hands firmly to ensure it is packed.
6) Meanwhile, melt the remaining coconut butter in a double boiler. Add the carob powder and mix well to make your chocolate layer.
7) Pour the chocolate layer over top of your pressed pumpkin to make either a drizzle or a full chocolate layer. Then, place the pan in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow it to set.
8) Remove from the fridge and slice into even bars when you’re ready to eat.
Store in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat. They will be too soft at room temperature.
What are you making with pumpkin this fall?
If you make this recipe, please feel free to take a pic and tag me on instagram @realistic.holistic and use #realisticholistic :) I’ll be sure to share your culinary adventure!
COMMENT below if you have any questions or suggestions!
SHARE this with someone you know who has recently given up french fries when they really don’t have to!!
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Kisses & kombucha,