Kelly Green Beef Burgs (GF, DF, Paleo, AIP, Keto)
I recently changed my name from O’Kelly to Kelly. Yes, we’ve heard the Lannister jokes! No we aren’t hyphenating so that we can potentially name a child Kelly Kelly O’Kelly- Kelly. CRUEL… although tempting & hilarious. Nope I just dropped the O!
In celebration, I am embracing Kelly in all the possible ways, including that bright beautiful kelly green colour!
In my attempt to get more green into my diet (and that of my husband who is a big ol’ man child!) I have snuck them into a grass-fed burger… it got two thumbs up from the hubby! Hope it works for you & all the children in your life!
Kelly Green Beef Burgs
Time: 30 minutes
1 lb ground beef (ideally, grass-fed!)
1 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp sea salt
2 cups kale leaves
2 cups broccoli
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 head boston lettuce
1) Place kale leaves & broccoli in a food processor and pulse on low into almost a flour!
2) Combine all ingredient except the lettuce in a bowl and mix well. Form the mixture into even patties and set aside.
3) Preheat grill to medium heat.
4) Cook the burgers for about 8-10 minutes per side, or until cooked through
5) Serve patties in a lettuce wrap with your choice of toppings! I recommend avocado, sauerkraut and/or a chimmichurri sauce!
Verrrryy sneaky! ENJOY!
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to take a pic and tag me on instagram @realistic.holistic - I wanna see hear how you like it! <3