Mini Keto Cupcakes
This post is all about turning failures into successes!
These cupcakes came from this beautiful mistake right here...
I had a bit of batter leftover after this first layer of what was suppose to be part of my wedding cake totally fell apart. So, instead of crying, I threw the remaining batter into my mini cupcake tray, tossed it in the oven and crossed my fingers.
They turned out beautifully!
But the best part about the cupcake is the icing, right? So I improvised and pulled out a can of coconut cream, some cacao, stevia, & vanilla extract and whipped until my arm hurt. Pain is beauty because I could have eaten the icing with a spoon straight up... but I held myself back and instead swirled it onto my mini cupcakes. SO GOOD! And only 1 net carb per muffin.
You'll never catch me showing up empty handed to a party again.
Mini Keto Cupcakes
- 1 cup stevia
- 3/4 cup grass-fed butter (softened)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nut milk
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
1) Preheat oven to 350 F & grease your mini muffin tray with a little bit of coconut oil or butter.
2) In a large bowl, beat together 2/3 of the stevia & butter until fluffy
3) Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then, add the almond milk & 1 tbsp vanilla extract
4) Beat in the almond flour, coconut flour & baking powder
5) Transfer about a heaped spoonful of the batter into each mini muffin tin, until you don't have any left. Bake for 8-8-15 minutes until the tops are slightly golden and bounce back.
6) Meanwhile, make the coconut cream icing by combining the remaining stevia, coconut cream, cacao & vanilla extract and whipping until smooth & creamy.
7) Top each mini muffin with a dollop of chocolate icing & eat whatever you have left with a spoon!
Bring these to the party and all of a sudden you'll start getting invited to more!
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to take a pic and tag me on instagram @realistic.holistic - show me how you’re incorporating real health into your real life!