Lemon Rosemary Salmon (AIP, GAPS, Paleo, GF, DF)
What am I eating to make 2019 my healthiest year yet?
This Lemon Rosemary Salmon!
It’s pretty much the same kind of thing I was eating in 2018, to be honest.
& a touch of sweetness
Healthy WITHOUT deprivation.
Lemon Rosemary Salmon
TIME: 90 minutes
1 lb salmon fillet
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup dry white wine (alcohol will cook off)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp raw honey
1 1/2 tsps rosemary (finely chopped)
1 tsp coconut flour (to thicken the sauce - if not GAPS, you may use tapioca or arrowroot starch)
1/2 lemon (sliced for garnish)
sea salt (to taste)
1) Cut the salmon fillet into 4 pieces.
2) Sprinkle the salmon with sea salt and brush the top with olive oil
3) Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the salmon (skin side up!), cover the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4) After 4 minutes, flip the salmon and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Then, remove the salmon from the pan and set aside.
5) Add wine, lemon juice, honey and rosemary to the same pan. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
6) Dissolve the coconut flour (or tapioca/arrowroot starch) in about 3 tbsp of water and add to the pan.
7) Cook the sauce for another minute, then add the salmon back to the pan skin side up. Turn of the heat, cover the pan with a lid and let it rest for a few minutes.
8) Flip the salmon before serving and garnish with lemon sliced and a few extra sprigs of fresh rosemary.
Are you working to be healthier in 2019?
If you make this recipe, please feel free to take a pic and tag me on instagram @realistic.holistic and use #realisticholistic :) I’ll be sure to share your culinary adventure!
COMMENT below if you have any questions or comments about the recipe! I’m always here to help & I love hearing what your experience was with the recipe!
SHARE this with a pal you’re trying to get healthy with this year!
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Kisses & kombucha,