Sweet & Salty Chicken Legs (AIP, GAPS, Paleo, GF, DF)
Do you ever get sick of the same old, same old chicken?
I get why people tend to overdo chicken. It’s an easy protein to pull together. It goes with a lot of flavours and in a lot of recipes but my goodness it can get boring… especially if you’re not working to infuse favours in different ways or trying different recipes!
I had been roasting up my batch chicken in the same spices for a while. I really love doing chicken up with oregano and cinnamon… I know, weird combo, but it’s delicious! I was even getting sick of that after a while though!
So, this recipe was a total AIP accident that turned out to be a surprising burst of flavour that I just had to share!
Sweet & Salt Chicken Legs
TIME: 60 minutes
2 large chicken legs (bone-in, skin on)
2 tbsp coconut aminos
1 lime (juiced)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
2) Lay chicken on a cast-iron skillet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3) First, season evenly with sea salt and oregano
4) Next, drizzle the lime juice evenly over your chicken legs
5) Then, drizzle the coconut aminos evenly as well.
6) Use a basting brush to make sure that both chicken legs are coated evenly.
7) Place in the oven for 45 minutes.
8) When the 45 minutes is up, switch your oven to broil on high for 10 minutes, or until skin has reached the desired crispiness.
9) Pair with your favourite roasted veggies and dig in!
What’s your favourite way to roast up some chicken!?!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to take a pic and tag me on instagram @realistic.holistic and use #realisticholistic :) I’ll be sure to share your culinary adventure!
COMMENT below if you have any questions or suggestions!
SHARE this with someone you know who has recently given up french fries when they really don’t have to!!
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Kisses & kombucha,