Spicy Sausage & Veggie Casserole (Paleo, GF, DF)
Who doesn’t love a one-casserole-dish?
Throw a bunch of stuff in a dish, toss it in the oven and you’re done!
This spicy sausage & veggie casserole is the perfect one and done dish that packs a punch of flavour without knocking you on your culinary butt!
QUICK TIP: double the recipe and freeze the rest for an emergency health meal to-go!
Spicy Sausage & Veggie Casserole
(Paleo, GF, DF)
TIME: 45 mins
2 sweet potatoes (cubed)
1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
1/4 cup avocado oil
1 tbsp hot sauce (Frank’s is legit pretty healthy)
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp sea salt
4 pastured pork sausages
4 cups broccoli (cut into florets)
2 stalks green onion (sliced)
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Add the sweet potatoes and chopped onion to a casserole dish.
3) In a large bowl, mix the avocado oil, hot sauce, paprika and sea salt together to make the sauce.
4) Pour half of the sauce over the potatoes and onion and set aside the rest.
5) Place the sweet potatoes and onion in the oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
6) While the sweet potatoes are baking, boil your sausage for 3-4 minutes to pre-cook.
7) When finished, slice the sausage, add to a bowl with the broccoli and toss in the rest of the sauce until evenly coated.
8) Remove the sweet potato and onion from the oven and add the sausage/broccoli mixture on top. Place back in the oven for another 12-15 minutes.
9) Remove from the oven & top with sliced green onion.
10) Serve for a happy family dinner!