Sweet Potato Stuffed Chicken Taco (Paleo, GF, DF)
It’s TACOOO TUESDAYY!!!
Uh oh… can't have gluten or corn? ME NEITHER! That shouldn't mean we have to give up on taco tuesday!
This sweet potato taco packs all the same flavours as your traditional taco WITHOUT all the stuff that might not be working for ya!
Sweet Potato Stuffed Chicken Taco
(PALEO, GF, DF)
TIME: 50 minutes
SERVES: 2 servings
2 sweet potatoes
8 oz chicken breast (skinless and boneless)
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1 cup chicken bone broth
2 tbsps organic salsa
1 avocado (mashed)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 lime juiced
1 tbsp cilantro (optional, chopped)
1 jalapeño pepper (optional, sliced)
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Pierce your sweet potatos with a fork and place them on a pan. Throw them in the oven to back for 45- 60 minutes, depending on the size of your sweet potato.
3) Add the chicken breast, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and bone broth to your pressure cooker. Set to “sealing” then press manual/pressure cooker and cook for about 10 minutes on high pressure. Once it is done, press cancel and let the pressure release naturally (this can take 15 minutes or so).
4) If you do not have a pressure cooker, I recommend poaching the chicken in the bone broth with the spices. Bring the bone broth to boil and let cook for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
5) Remove the lid of either the pressure cooker or the pot carefully and remove the chicken. Shred it with two forks.
6) Meanwhile, mash your avocado with the garlic powder, onion powder and lime juice for a makeshift guac!
7) When the sweet potatoes are finished cooking, slice them down the middle and top with the shredded chicken, salsa, guac, cilantro and sliced jalapeño. Enjoy!
Do you celebrate taco tuesday? I hope you will now!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to take a pic and tag me on instagram @realistic.holistic and use #realisticholistic :) I’ll be sure to share your culinary adventure!
COMMENT below if you have any questions about the recipe or want to make any suggestions!
SHARE this with someone you want to have TACO TUESDAY with this week!
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Kisses & kombucha,