Orange Cranberry Christmas Scones (AIP, Paleo, GF, DF)
Oh yea, it's time to start making those holiday treats!
Theres is nothing more healthy and delicious than cranberries to give you a burst of holiday flavour! And, if you were good this year, you might get an orange in your stocking!
I've put these two festive fruits together to create these AIP holiday scones!!
Are they breakfast?
Are they dessert?
I can't decide. Have them whenever you want, it's the holiday season!!!
As per usual, this recipe is AIP, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Egg-Free and Dairy-Free! Yep! Merry Christmas to ALL and to all and good bite! ;)
Orange Cranberry Christmas Scones
(AIP, PALEO, GF, DF)
TIME: 40 minutes
1 1/2 cups tigernut flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup coconut oil (softened)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup frozen cranberries (thawed)
2 tsps orange juice
1 tsp orange zest
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp gelatin powder (can use egg if not AIP)
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp coconut butter
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Mix tigernut flour & tapioca starch in a large bowl
3) Add coconut oil, orange juice and maple syrup. Stir well.
4) Add baking soda and cranberries. Combine well.
5) If using a gelatin egg, add water to a small pot and sprinkle the gelatin over. Mix well and set aside to bloom for 2-3 minutes.
6) Place the pot on the stove over low heat. Melt the gelatin only until not thick and then remove from heat.
7) Whisk the gelatin egg well until it becomes slightly frothy. Then, add to the flour mixture and combine well.
8) Once you’ve got a nice thick & sticky dough, form it into a large circle, about 1 inch high.
9) Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to slice the dough into triangular scones. I recommend wetting the pizza cutter or knife slightly so that it doesn’t stick.
10) Bake for 20-25 minutes in your preheated oven.
11) Meanwhile, melt coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add honey & vanilla extract & stir well to combine.
12) When scones are done, remove them from the oven and let cool. Then, top with orange zest and drizzle with coconut butter frosting.
13) Eat, drink, be merry!
Tell me, are you gonna eat these for breakfast? for dessert? or both?!?!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to take a pic and tag me on instagram @realistic.holistic and use #realisticholistic :) I’ll be sure to share your culinary adventure!
COMMENT below if you have any questions or comments about the recipe! I’m always here to help & I love hearing what your experience was with the recipe!
SHARE this with your family member who usually brings the treats! ;)
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Kisses & kombucha,