Resolution: Live Like A Boss
Here we are. January 1st 2017. A new year. I had a few conversations in the lead up to this new year about resolutions. Some feel they are futile, just setting you up to feel like a failure in a few months time. Others think they are inspiring, motivating and a nice way to check in with yourself and gear up to be the best you can be. I think they can be both, depending on the perspective you take going into it.
If you set goals that degrade the person you currently are or what you enjoy, things like "get skinny" or "stop wasting time reading comic books", you are creative negative self-talk and indeed setting yourself up for failure. If your goals are also unrealistic or unhealthy, things like "lose 100 lbs in two months" or "get bit by a radioactive spider and gain superpowers", again, bound for disaster. However, if you take the time to write down some concrete, positive goals that will help to enhance yourself and your life, like "write at least 1 blog post a week that will inspire health and well being" and "Take time at the end of each day to reflect on what you are grateful for", whether you stick to them 100% or not, you are laying that groundwork of motivation and positivity in your mind that will gear you up for a productive and positive year.
As I head into the New Year, a lot of my resolutions are based around growing The Realistic Holistic into something that is truly helping people. My fiancé knew that my focus come 2017 would be geared to that ambition so his Christmas gift to me was put together to give me a few extra tools. He got me two books about successful young female entrepreneurs to give me insight and inspire me. - The books are "Daring & Disruptive" by Lisa Messenger, founder and editor in chief of The Collective Hub and "#Girlboss" by Sophia Amoruso, founder and executive chairman of Nasty Gal. - He got me an agenda to keep me professional, on track and on time. He got me a beautiful notebook and a healthy cookbook to keep me creative and inspired in the kitchen. He also got me a Princess Leia comic book and a Spiderman hat to remind me who I am, to always still find time for fun and relaxation. This thoughtful combination of things has shaped my resolutions for this year.
1) Learn something new each day like a boss
2) Write a new blog post each week like a boss
3) Sit down and chat with people I admire like a boss
4) Write new specific goals each month like a boss
5) Create a new healthy recipe each month like a boss
6) Say yes to all opportunities like a boss
7) Get out there, run workshops and do talks like a boss
8) Build my clientele like a boss
9) Enjoy workouts like a boss
10) Work with other nutritionists like a boss
11) Start a YouTube Channel like a boss
12) Find time for family every month like a boss
13) Nurture the friendships that matter like a boss
14) Read for pleasure like a boss
15) Take care of those I love like a boss
16) Take care of myself like a boss
17) Dance and sing when I want to like a boss
18) Be grateful each day like a boss
19) Give back to those less fortunate like a boss
20) Live like a boss
At midnight last night my friends and I all wrote something on a balloon and sent it into the air. One true wish for the new year. The root of my wish was to help people. If I can build The Realistic Holistic to be something that truly helps at least one person in a significant way, 2017 will have been a marvellous success.
Cheers to you and all that awaits.