Chocolate Avocado Mini Muffins (GF, DF, Paleo)
Sooo a few things you should know about me:
1) I'm super lazy in the kitchen
2) I'm celiac -- My body freaks out and attacks itself if I eat gluten (a little protein in wheat, barley & rye)... and it definitely doesn't like dairy either.
3) I'm a holistic nutritionist - all about eating for nutrition and using food as medicine.
4) I LOVE CHOCOLATE
This recipe is basically the solution to all of those things! These Chocolate Avocado Mini-Muffins require only 6 ingredients, all of which are whole foods and full of nutrition! It is completely grain-free and actually flour-free so I don't even have to go out and buy gluten-free flour for just one recipe... I don't bake a lot. They're gluten-free, dairy-free and actually entirely paleo, fantastic for my celiac tummy. They're definitely NOT cacao-free, gimme that chocolatey taste! And finally, they can be made in UNDER 30 MINUTES using a blender! Check it out!
MAKES: approx 20 mini muffins
1 cup almond butter
1/3 cup cacao powder
1 medium ripe avocado
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp baking powder
1) Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender. You may have to scrape down the edges a few times but it shouldn't take long! The mixture with be thick and a little bit sticky!
2) Place about a tbsp of the mixture in each mini muffin section of your tray
3) Top with optional ingredients - I used coconut and raw cacao nibs, but you can give it some extra sweetness with some chocolate chips or dried fruit!
4) Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove, let cool slightly and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy them!
The Realistic Holistic
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to take a pic and tag me on instagram @realistic.holistic and use #realisticholistic - show me how you’re incorporating real health into your real life!